One of the new Suzuki Jimny's only downfall is the low Gross Vehicle Mass rating from Factory with the recommended 'Load' weights seen below:
Manual Transmission Jimny's kerb weight is 1075kg = a maximum of 360kg of additional 'Load' is recommended.
Automatic Transmission Jimny's kerb weight is 1090kg = a maximum of 345kg of additional 'Load' is recommended.
So when you start loading your Jimny up with heavy accessories such as steel Bull Bars, Roof Racks, Extra Fuel and Passengers and Luggage, you fast approach the maximum GVM. The point being every Kilogram counts, and it can add up fast. So for those who love testing the off-road capabilities of the Jimny, and want the benefit of feeling secure they can get out of trouble with a winch - then the Warn AXON winch series is something to consider.
Weighing only 14kgs, the AXON 45-S is less than half the weight it's bigger brother the Warn VR EVO 8-S, and has an extremely compact design ensuring it will work in combination with most Winch Mounts & Bull Bars with no modification needed.
OZ Jimny highly recommends you consider the AXON range of winches if you plan on adding a steel bull bar to front of your Jimny. With most aftermarket bull bars weighing around 35-60 kgs, adding yet another 25 kgs of winch will greatly increase load over the front axle, putting the drivetrain under immense stress for a lightweight off-roader.
For those who have opted for the ARB Summit Bull Bar or Ironman Special & Commercial Deluxe Bull Bars, a larger Fairlead is required for successful fitment. This is available as an optional extra.
WARN has taken winching to the next level by combining a powerful motor and first-of-its-kind digital contactor into one unit called a Motactor™. The WARN Motactor™ increases performance, drops installation time, and provides never-before-seen levels of performance and feedback to the user. Tech is nothing without durability, so we made AXON the most durable powersports winch ever. All-metal construction, waterproof sealing, and increased structural rigidity are made for extreme environments. It’s smart, tough, and perfect for a wide range of powersports vehicles. Available in 4,500, and 5,500 pulling capacities, with a choice of steel or Spydura™ synthetic rope.
- AXON 45-S includes 50’ of lightweight, easy-to-handle ¼” Spydura synthetic rope, an Epic hawse fairlead, and a black hook
- Powerful 4,500 lb. pulling capacity is perfect for UTV/Side x Sides
- Revolutionary Motactor™ combines motor and contactor for easy installation, best performance
- Digital control offers never-before seen levels of performance and user feedback including load and
- Smooth, reliable all-metal three-stage planetary gear train
- Satin black powder-coated finish and stainless steel fasteners for corrosion resistance
- New clutch design based on legendary WARN 4WD hub lock know-how
- Durable all-metal construction and one-piece tie plate (vs. tie bars) for increased structural rigidity
- IP68 waterproofing keeps water and the elements out
- Load-holding brake for great control
- Rockerbar digital control switch and digital wired remote
- Limited lifetime warranty (mechanical), 3 year warranty (electrical)
AXON 5-S Specifications:
Winch model: Axon 45-S
Part numbers: AXON-45-S-101140
Rated line pull: 4500 lbs. (2041 kg) single line
Motor: 12V Permanent Magnet
Sealing: IP68 waterproof
Geartrain: 3-Stage Planetary
Rope Material: Synthetic
Rope length & diameter: 50′ x 1/4″ (15m x 6.3mm)
Primary Control: Rockerbar digital control switch
Remote Control: Digital corded remote
Brake: Mechanical brake
Mechanical Warranty: Limited lifetime
Electrical Warranty: 3 Year