Roll over image to zoom in
The MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE is a metal-free replacement winch rope and is designed as a safe alternative to steel winch cable, or synthetic winch rope with a metal hook or a metal thimble. The MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE can also be removed from the winch drum and used as a Static Extension rope if required.
The MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE has been designed and tested as part of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. The MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is comprised solely of MAXTRAX products and has not been tested with any third-party-branded products. Critically, if the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is overloaded the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE is designed to be the weakest link, and the expected point of failure.
Accordingly, YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM during any vehicle recovery. Only use rated recovery points when connecting the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to a vehicle. Before using the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE for a vehicle recovery, ensure that any person involved reads and understands ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS packaging, and on any warning labels attached to the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE.
1. Visually inspect the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE to ensure it is undamaged and in a safe and usable condition prior to installation, as well as prior to use.
2. Attach the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE, to the Vehicle’s rated Winch. Ensure that the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE is fixed to the winch at the end with the Coloured Safety Marking. Once the end of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE issecured onto the winch drum, wind the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE onto the drum to tension the line.
3. Use a MAXTRAX WINCH WIDGET to seat the end of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE against the Fairlead protecting the entire rope on the winch.
4. To use the winch, remove the MAXTRAX WINCH WIDGET and attach the loop of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE to the MAXTRAX HITCH, MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE, or the vehicle’s rated recovery points using a MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE.
5. MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE’s integrated Coloured Safety Markings indicate when the rope is nearing maximum extension. Black indicates the last 6m of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE, and the Red indicates the last 2m.
6. Use the MAXTRAX WINCH RING to perform a double-line or angled pull.
7. MAXTRAX WINCH ROPES can be connected to other MAXTRAX WINCH ROPES or MAXTRAX STATIC ROPES using MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLES to make a rope the required length for your particular vehicle recovery scenario.
8. Place the MAXTRAX RECOVERY DAMPENER over the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE or MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE and attach to loop or Shackle.
9. Using MAXTRAX 4WD RECOVERY TRACKS to provide a ramp will greatly reduce the forces and loads on all equipment during the recovery.
10. Clear the area of bystanders and spectators.
11. Commence the recovery by GENTLY taking up the slack in the system.
Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene and Polyester
Weight: 2.5 kg
Length: 10mm x 30m
MBS: 9500 kg/20943 lb
CARE & MAINTENANCE
The various components of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM are of high quality, but due to the very nature of their potential use, or misuse, they are susceptible to severe wear and tear, and to damage such as nicks, cuts, tears, fraying, burns and abrasion. Always carefully inspect MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM components before each use for wear and tear, cuts, nicks, abraded, burned, melted and frayed areas. DO NOT USE the product if it is damaged, cut, frayed, burned, melted, abraded or partially unwound OR does not have a clearly legible warning label fitted. To help prolong the life of your MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM components, they should be washed off, rinsed with clean fresh water and air dried at the earliest opportunity after use. To protect from external environmental weather factors, components should be stored inside the MAXTRAX RECOVERY KIT BAG. Replacement protective sheaths are available from our website.
It is recommended that the minimum breaking strength of the strap should be between 2 and 3 times the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of any vehicle it is used with. It is advised that the strap must be suited to the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of the lighter of the 2 vehicles used in the recovery process.
Use only MAXTRAX Recovery products in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM at all times in each vehicle recovery.
a) Persons intending to use the strap should consider completing a nationally recognised four-wheel drive training course, or contact a four-wheel drive club for comprehensive advice on the proper selection and use of the strap
b) the strap must not be used for lifting or conventional towing
c) the persons intending to use the strap must ensure the strap is not damaged and is in a usable condition
d) the strap’s strength and stretch are reduced when the strap is saturated with water
e) an object such as a recovery damper, heavy bag or blanket must be draped over the strap during use to reduce any unintentional rebound of the strap
f) before attempting the vehicle recovery, passengers of the vehicles involved must:
(i) exit the vehicles
(ii) stand as far away from the vehicles as possible
(iii) avoid standing in the path of the vehicle performing the recovery
|Barcode #||9 342256 000788|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.